IT TAKES ALL OF US
We are into year two in the fight against Covid, and decades of fighting other illness causing micro-organisms. There are many thoughts and ideas on the subject. ServiceMaster Commercial Cleaning By Pristine Janitorial (SMCCBPJ) is not here to debate the coronavirus topic. What we are here to do is provide support and services for those wanting or needing janitorial, sanitization, or disinfecting services. ServiceMaster Commercial Cleaning By Pristine Janitorial wants to be your janitorial partner. Our services help home and business owners create and maintain a healthy environment.
RECENT SURFACE CONTAMINATION CHANGES FROM THE CDC
The CDC has updated its opinion on coronavirus surface contamination. As of April 19, 2021, the CDC states that the possibility of surface contamination is very low. The CDC did go as far as to say contamination is no possible, but they relaxed their original position. As always, it is recommended businesses and homes conduct a consistent sanitization and disinfecting, with a routine overall disinfecting. It is up to each individual to determine what these rates should be. At SMCCBPJ, we strongly recommend a daily sanitization/disinfecting for businesses and at least a weekly sanitization/disinfecting; both with a bi-weekly overall disinfecting. Our best response to this and all viruses is disinfecting, and sanitizing. We know these processes play a major role in the fight against infection and contamination. While these processes are not new or unique, they need to be emphasized.
We are regaining our ability to come and go freely. We, at SMCCBPJ, want to be an active and integral part of this process. We hope that the ill-effects of the coronavirus passes by each of you, your love-ones, your team and customers.
We can take measures into our own hands to limit the spread of a virus. Sanitizing and disinfecting processes that we can utilize to limit the spread. Sanitizing is the process and products removal of micro-organisms. Disinfecting is the process and products utilized to kill organisms. Here are some ways to sanitize and disinfect our environment:
- Use proper hand hygiene: sanitize with 60% or higher isopropyl alcohol, wash hands for 20-seconds (making sure to wash all fingers and backs of hands)
- Do not touch your face or the face of others
- Do not cough into your hand or into the open air (use tissue or the crease of your elbow)
- Avoid using handkerchiefs and discard tissues immediately into a touch-free trash container
- Maintain a 6-foot social distancing
- Consistent and thorough disinfecting of surfaces and high-volume touch areas
- Properly wash clothes; at least a 20-minute wash cycles at a minimum temperature of 160 degrees
- Keep sanitizer and a change of clothes in your vehicle, and a plastic bag for the removed item(s)
- Place hand sanitizer at business and residential entry and exit points; sanitize coming and going
- If you are symptomatic with or believe you’ve been exposed to the virus, call a medical professional immediately
PROFESSIONALLY, HOW CAN WE HELP IN THE FIGHT
ServiceMaster has been a cleaning industry leader for over 60-years. Over time we developed the best cleaning products and processes in the industry. At ServiceMaster, we are working daily with numerous experts to ensure we can prove our customers with the best product and services available, now and into the future. SMCCBPJ was and has been using EPA approved disinfectants for quite some time.
Below are a few services we offer to assist you in establishing and maintaining a healthy environment, while using the most effective disinfectants on the market. While the contamination information has changed, the response remains:
- Regular and Consistent Sanitization and Disinfecting Service
- Daily/Nighty cleaning
- Weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly disinfecting
- Precautionary Service
- General cleaning
- Detailed wipe-downs
- Pre-cautionary Spray Treatment (a general cleaning prior to treatment is required)
- Post-Contamination Service
- Includes detailed cleaning – ceiling to floor, wall to wall
- Where applicable, steam clean carpets and upholstery
Our trained and dedicated team members are here and ready to assist you in your efforts to create a healthy environment.
We are in this together,
Stay Safe and Be Healthy!
MORE INFORMATION & RESOURSES
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Coronavirus Summary
Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities CDC
Food and Drug Administration, Coronavirus
World Health Organization, Coronavirus
Occupational Safety and Health Administration, 2019 Novel Coronavirus